If you happen to be child care provider and are looking for some good ideas on how to keep the kids busy, here is a list of some excellent ideas for games and other kids’ activities that will let you be able to play with the kids and keep them entertained
If you happen to be child care provider and are looking for some good ideas on how to keep the kids busy, here is a list of some excellent ideas for games and other kids’ activities that will let you be able to play with the kids and keep them entertained for hours at a time.
Indoor Activities for Children
Here are some really good ideas for games that can easily be played indoors. These can be an especially good way to keep the kids busy on days where the weather is not suitable for outdoor kids’ activities.
- Board Games- you can choose good board games designed for the kids’ specific age ranges. These games encourage children to follow instructions, and can also help kids improve their focusing and concentration skills.
- Arts and Crafts- there are arts and crafts activities that every age group can participate in, and the kids can have fun while they also hone their creativity skills.
- Simon Says- can help improve the ability to follow instructions, while also providing entertainment for kids of all ages.
- Duck, Duck Goose- easy to play for all age groups and everyone in the group can participate and get a chance to be the “goose.”
- Musical Chairs- can be a way for kids to develop their reflex skills while having a ton of fun in the meantime.
Outdoor Activities For Children
There’s a huge variety of outdoor kids’ activities and games that you can play with the kids when the weather is nice. Here are some ideas for fun games and enjoyable kids’ activities that can keep the kids busy, while also teaching them new skills in the process.
- Hide and Seek- encourages kids to be both active and focused.
- Freeze Tag- lets the children practice teamwork while also getting plenty of exercise.
- Red Light, Green Light- lets kids put their coordination skills to use, and also gives them the opportunity to concentrate, focus and follow directions while having a really fun time.
- Hopscotch- helps kids practice their balance and coordination skills as they take turns on the chalk-drawn hopscotch diagram.
- “Ball” Games- kickball, tee ball, and dodge ball are 3 of the most infamous ball games that both genders can play and enjoy equally. Ball games are great for teaching teamwork and coordination, and allowing kids to be active as they learn and play.
Special Event/Holiday Activities
Holidays, birthdays and other special events usually involve parties, and these are a perfect opportunities for very creative and inventive kids’ activities and games to make these celebrations a lot more fun and festive. Here’s a list of some of the most infamous and renowned party games to play with the kids at celebratory holiday parties and other special events.
- Pin the Tail on the Donkey- this or any other variation of this well-known and fun to play kids’ game is appropriate for all ages and both genders.
- Pinãta- what could be more fun than being blind-folded, spun around and then set free to bash away at a candy-filled paper-mache object?
- Follow the Leader- a fun game to play with the kids to teach them leadership skills, and help them practice following directions.
- Treasure or Scavenger Hunt- a great party game that allows kids to focus and function as a team while having fun with one another.
- Red Rover- a good game where the kids can be active and it’s perfect for teaching kids how to work together in a team effort.